48 hours in Henley with a baby – photo itinerary

Henley upon Thames, mostly known for its regatta is a lovely town just a short train ride from London and is the perfect spot for a family weekend away. So here are my top things to do on a weekend away in Henley with a baby:

Stroll down the Thames

Henley is on the Thames – clues in the name! – and it’s a beautiful place for taking a walk!

View along the Thames to Henley

If you are walking from the city centre you will pass

The river and rowing museum

Not too be missed in a weekend away in Henley! It tells the story of the Thames, rowing and Henley! And for the little ones there is a lovely wind in the willows exhibition!

For lunch stop at any of the wonderful river side pubs!

If you don’t want to walk or perhaps want to see the Thames from a different perspective then you should take a boat trip ! Hobbs of Henley offer reasonably priced trips on beautiful boats!

Hobbs of Henley boat trip

If you want to get out of the town then we recommend a visit to the National Trust property Greys Court.

Greys Court

It is a beautiful Tudor country house with, in my opinion, even more beautiful grounds! For the little ones, you can go on a hunt for fairy doors. We took our daughter and our niece and nephew who really enjoyed the hunt even though we were somewhat lacking in success!

Hunting for fairy gates

Have you been to Henley? What would you recommend doing there on a weekend away?

• December 6, 2016 / 8:24 am

It’s beautiful and very quaint. Most people know for the regatta but it is worth going at any time of year

1. December 6, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Henley is such a beautiful town! Paul has taken part in quite a few regattas there as an amateur rower! The Thames walk is our favourite, hopefully you will catch some rowers! #citytripping
    Andrea @Topsy Turvy Tribe recently posted…Stunning SierrasMy Profile

• December 6, 2016 / 4:08 pm

I love it – we have family there so go regularly. A beautiful place to visit

2. December 6, 2016 / 10:49 pm

I used to spend quite a bit of time in Henley during my youth as its not too far from where my parents live. It’s a beautiful river town with some very quaint shops and houses too. Thanks for the reminder. #citytripping
    Elizabeth (Wander Mum) recently posted…6 Amazing Destinations To Visit In WinterMy Profile

• December 7, 2016 / 4:07 am

It’s a lovey spot – glad we get to keep returning

3. December 7, 2016 / 1:06 am

Henley looks like a fantastic place for a citybreak! Visiting from #citytripping

4. December 7, 2016 / 7:01 am

It’s such a pretty spot isn’t it – we went to the River and Rowing museum a few years ago and loved it. We even met Mr Toad! Thanks for linking up with #citytripping
    Cathy (Mummytravels) recently posted…City Tripping #56My Profile

• December 7, 2016 / 9:30 am

Yes your right. I managed to spend a bob or two. Also a great children’s bookshop if you have the little one there

5. December 7, 2016 / 9:42 am

Oh our best friends live in Henley so we go often – beautiful place and stunning photos. Love Greys Court – we often go to events that they hold there – my husband won the welly wanging one year – and yes we still hear about it!! #FamilyFun

• December 7, 2016 / 10:26 am

Must admit I’ve never heard of welly wanging! What is it

6. December 7, 2016 / 7:56 pm

Nope never been or heard of but what a beautiful day to visit!! Lovely photos and ver scenic. Thanks for linking up to #familyfun
    Karen | TwoTinyHands recently posted…#FamilyFun Week 14My Profile

7. December 8, 2016 / 9:30 pm

I have never been to Henley but it looks beautiful. It would be a great place to take the little ones especially on a sunny day – mine love going for a stroll. Oh and I am sold on a riverside pub! Thanks for sharing at #familyfun

8. May 15, 2017 / 12:04 pm

Henley is gorgeous and hoping to visit this summer as my dad has a boat down the thames near Reading so hoping for a nice sunny day on the river! Thanks for linking for #marvmondays x
    Fran Back With A Bump recently posted…Marvellous MondaysMy Profile