Conrad Tokyo Review: finding luxury in central Tokyo

Conrad Tokyo Review: finding luxury in central Tokyo

Tokyo has been near the top of our bucket list for years so we were so excited that this year was the year we got to go. We knew travelling with our little one would mean that we needed a great hotel for our stay in Tokyo. After much research we decided that the Conrad Tokyo was the hotel for us.  So as we got off our twelve hour flight I couldn’t wait to check into our luxury.

Check in

First impressions are so important and the Conrad Tokyo made a great one! We got into the elevator and zoomed up to the twenty eighth floor lobby. The large floor to ceiling windows, the pianist and warm greeting from the staff ensured the stresses of our flight just melted away.

Our Room at the Conrad Tokyo

The room at the Conrad was fantastic for the whole family. The cot was all ready for our little lady to crash after our long flight and had little touches like Conrad teddy bears, rubber ducks and toddler slippers that meant the Conrad Tokyo immediately had a family friendly feel!

We particularly loved the Japanese touches from the cherry blossom wall and carpet decoration to the traditional plant in the room.

The room at the Conrad Tokyo

The room at the Conrad Tokyo

For me, one of the most important features of any hotel room is the bathroom. The Conrad Tokyo had one of the best bathrooms I have ever experienced in a hotel. From the large tub, the walk in shower to the top of the range Japanese toilet which, although at first intimidating, soon became a family favourite.

The bathroom at the Conrad Tokyo

The bathroom at the Conrad Tokyo

The bathroom amenities at the Conrad Tokyo

The bathroom amenities at the Conrad Tokyo

Amenities at the Conrad Tokyo

As well as the room, the Conrad Tokyo has a great amount of amenities including a twenty ninth floor pool with Tokyo city views to die for as well as a top class spa!

Restaurants and bars at Conrad Tokyo

The breakfast at Conrad Tokyo

One thing I love about the Conrad chain of hotels, has to be its breakfast. I love the combination of buffet breakfast with a la carte options. The heuvos rancheros was to die and was complemented beautifully by the more local options on the buffet options.

Breakfast at the Conrad Tokyo

Breakfast at the Conrad Tokyo

Bar at the Conrad Tokyo

The bar at the Conrad Tokyo

The bar at the Conrad Tokyo

We got a rare night where we made it into the bar for a pre dinner drink. The drinks were fantastic, particularly the cocktails, and offered tables with fantastic views of the city.

Room service

Having got off a twelve hour flight, we definitely weren’t up to going out for dinner. The room service options at the Conrad Tokyo offered a great mix of standard options as well as plenty of Japanese flavours.

Location of the Conrad Tokyo

Perhaps one of the most important thing though about any hotel is it’s location and the Conrad Tokyo was perfectly situated. Located above a mall and Shiodome  train station meant that you could easily grab coffee and any other essentials that you may have forgotten and have easy access to the city itself.

However, the local area is great for exploring if you don’t want to bother with trains or public transport. Tsukiji Fish Market is a short walk away, and the hotel is minutes away from the retail heaven of Ginza. But perhaps our favourite place to explore was the Hamarikyu Gardens! Beautifully landscaped Japanese Gardens with cafe and access to Tokyo boat tours. It was a hit with all the Wandermust Family

The Conrad Tokyo

The Conrad Tokyo

Overall opinion of Conrad Tokyo

If you are looking for a brilliantly located hotel with luxury touches for all the family then the Conrad Tokyo is definitely the hotel for you!

1. September 27, 2017 / 6:01 am

Ah…. this made me miss the city. For my two travels there, i havent tried a luxury stay… but this is pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing more of your Japan adventures. Thanks for sharing! -zeke/bestlifeqatar

2. September 28, 2017 / 9:16 am

Oh my, that looks absolutely amazing. I just want to crawl into that bed and not come out for a long time. Or maybe just a little while to soak in that lovely bathtub (not that I would fit, I’m 6ft…) 😉
    #FarawayFiles
    Esther recently posted…24 hours in The HagueMy Profile

• September 28, 2017 / 10:04 am

The bed was so comfy i almost didn’t want to sightsee. But a long soak in the bath was definitely my reward for all the walking we did

3. September 28, 2017 / 10:07 am

I always think it’s best to choose luxury if you can in big cities. After a day of sightseeing the haven of a luxury hotel is always welcome. Thanks for sharing on #FarawayFiles
    Katy recently posted…Faraway Files #43My Profile

4. October 9, 2017 / 9:28 am

Tokyo is not somewhere I have ever thought of visiting myself, your room looks really nice and comfortable x
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…September 2017My Profile

5. October 9, 2017 / 7:15 pm

Oh my goodness, I would dearly love to go to Tokyo! I got so excited when I saw the title of your post! Hotel looks amazing x

6. October 9, 2017 / 7:30 pm

Omg this looks amazing! Would love to have a getaway like this . Especially kiddie free with the hubby- so jealous! X

7. October 13, 2017 / 11:17 pm

That room service meal looks delicious! Is it ramen with a shrimp tempura? Thank you for sharing this guide about the Conrad Tokyo. There are so many hotels to pick from and its hard to find good information about them all.

• October 14, 2017 / 7:52 am

It’s curry pork ramen with shrimp tempura. Was amazing

8. October 14, 2017 / 1:18 am

Oh, this looks so beautiful. we are a family of four going to tokyo in April/May this year but I dont think we would ever be able to stretch to that kind of kuxury (in my dreams!) One can only dream though eh?! How did you go to the bar without the little one? Do they offer a babysitting service? Lucky you!

• October 14, 2017 / 7:54 am

Yes it was aspect all treat hotel for us. Where are you going in April : may – Tokyo or Kyoto? We have lots coming up on family friendly Japan. And the toddler came to the bar with us. There was a pianist so she had a good dance. It was a nice bar as we went early when it wasn’t too busy and there was no smoking etc

9. October 15, 2017 / 9:47 am

What an amazing hotel! The bathroom looks heavenly, even for the very high Japanese standards: yes, I am very much one of those tourists who tool photos of the toilets the first time I was in Japan LOL. The terrace sounds amazing too: we are hoping to go to Tokyo soon (possibly next year), I will remember this address, thank you!

10. October 15, 2017 / 8:29 pm

OK, so what with the post and the comments I REALLY want to know what the deal is with Japanese toilets. Looks like a fantastic hotel. Very luxurious and great that they can combine that with being kid-friendly.

• October 15, 2017 / 9:29 pm

They are amazing! They do so much! It can be intimidating at first. It was a big reality shock coming back to our poor English toilets!

11. October 15, 2017 / 9:16 pm

I love your article about the Conrad in Tokyo. I’ve already been to Tokyo four times and we’ve always stayed either at the Hilton or at the Hyatt Regency. Those hotels both are amazing. But I guess the Conrad Tokyo is the ultimate meaning of luxury! I would love to spent one night in this beautiful hotel! Thanks for sharing!

• October 15, 2017 / 9:28 pm

It is fantastic! There are many hotels I would love to try in Tokyo but it would be hard not to return to the Conrad

12. October 15, 2017 / 11:34 pm

This looks like such a great hotel in so many ways. I love to stay in the centre of thinks in a city – it makes life so much easier and you get the best out of your time there and a bit of luxury is always a good idea 🙂

13. October 16, 2017 / 2:38 am

It’s always great to have a centrally-located hotel. And I know what you mean about the toilets – too many times we have had toilet nightmares with a slightly shady hotel room. The food looks tasty, especially that chocolate croissant. What type of local food do they have at the buffet?

14. October 16, 2017 / 7:25 am

Ah Conrad! I usually stay in budget hotels so Conrad is one of the places I look at longingly while making my bookings. And if it is located so close to Ginza, there’s nothing more you can ask for! Tokyo is amazing, but the hotel rooms are usually so small, they can hardly fit in 2 people. It seems the room here are bigger than other hotels in the city but smaller than what you would expect in Conrad Hotel, in any other city, no?
    Medha Verma recently posted…Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Abu Dhabi – a photo blogMy Profile