Finally getting the perfect family holiday photo with Wanderloud

Finally getting the perfect family holiday photo with Wanderloud

Don’t you hate going on a trip of a lifetime only to return home without those all important family vacation photos? Are you fed up with returning home with bad vacation pictures? There are so many amazing places we have been to where we have returned only with a hastily taken selfie or even worse no photo of all of us together at all! Step in Wanderloud, a family vacation photoshoot company that captures memories of fantastic holidays of the whole family. I must admit when I told my husband that I had surprise organized a family photoshoot for our stay in Bali he was less than enthusiastic. He had visions of highly posed photos full of fake smiles and awkward poses. But he needn’t have worried, the great thing about working with Wanderloud is that you can choose your photographer so you can get the style of photo you wanted. Unsurprisingly, we wanted a photographer who took natural and unposed photos. Enter Wanderloud! All photos captured by @wanderloud’s Irezz in Bali.

The process before the photoshoot was easy and informative. The shoot was storyboarded and shared with us before our shoot to make sure everyone knew what was happening and what type of photos were expected. We were given an meeting place and an option of two locations. Having the little one we picked the one closest to us.

After our prompt meeting, where Irezz, our family vacation photographer,  explained how the process worked and his natural style of photography the photo shoot started. First stop, the beach!

As the style we were going for was natural, we almost forgot Irezz was there as we ran and played in the sea and sand.

Wanderloud Photoshoot running to the beach

Wanderloud Photoshoot running to the beach

Wanderloud Beach Photoshoot

Wanderloud Photoshoot causing chaos on the beacg

Wanderloud family vacation Photoshoot causing chaos on the beach

I’m afraid our family probably weren’t the easiest models as our little one headed straight for the sea soaking herself and wandermust daddy in the process. If you are looking for the pristine family that always look immaculate, I am afraid that isn’t us! But what I loved about the shoot was that it captured our true family style – chaos and all!

Wanderloud Photoshoot causing chaos on the beach

Wanderloud family vacation Photoshoot causing chaos on the beach

After we finished at the beach we headed to the beautiful gardens for a sit down and play. I love how the character of our little one really shines through in these family portaits.

Family Portrait in the Gardens Family Vacation Photos

After the Gardens we headed towards the pool! Our little one is obsessed with the pool! And can’t resist the draw of the water. We were going got a nice natural portrait with all of us lined up on the side of the pool but of course that isn’t us! As soon as she saw the water she tried to dive in splashing everyone in the process. Already drenched, Irezz suggested a family photo in the pool! I asked how many of his photoshoots ended up in the pool and apparently we were his first!

I don’t know about you but I think it was the perfect end to the photoshoot capturing our family personality and chaos!

We are so pleased with how the photos turned out, especially as I think our family character and dynamics are at the forefront of the photos. They are the best holiday pics we have. If you are ever going to Bali I can’t recommend Irezz enough! If you want to return home with great family vacation photos then why not check out the over 40+ locations that Wanderloud have photographers and get the holiday photo of your dreams!

What do you think of the photos? Aren’t they just the best holiday pics?!Have you ever or would you ever do a family photo shoot?

We were hosted by Wanderloud but all views our own!

1. January 15, 2018 / 7:36 am

Wow those photos are amazing! The running to the beach one is the sort of one you could get put onto a canvas to hang on your living room wall!

2. January 15, 2018 / 1:46 pm

What a gorgeous photo shoot – those will be photos to treasure for ever I’m sure!

3. January 15, 2018 / 8:10 pm

What a good idea! We’ve never thought to do a photoshoot on vacation. And I wish we’d done it when our kids were little, cause I’m never in the photos. The chaos at the beach photo deserves a spot on someone’s wall.

4. January 16, 2018 / 12:43 am

Sounds like a good service for those wanting candid family photos while traveling. Although my husband is a photographer we’ve thought of using a service like Flytographer to get some more candid shots of us together in some of our favorite places. Tripods and selfie sticks are OK but they don’t really capture those more candid and unexpected moments like a real photographer can!
    Jessica Norah recently posted…A Guide to Celebrating Hogmanay in Edinburgh ScotlandMy Profile

5. January 16, 2018 / 4:37 am

Wow! The best part about those pictures is not even the lovely landscape in which they have been shot. The best part is that they are such natural pictures. Wandercloud seems like a great idea.

6. January 16, 2018 / 5:40 am

What a great idea. I never would have thought about hiring a photographer on our vacations. Now it sounds like a fun activity for a day.

7. January 16, 2018 / 8:01 am

We’ve not had an organised photo shoot, but we were part of some family wedding photos last October. Trying to get the girls to not pull a face & pay attention while giving a natural smile, at the same time, caused a level of stress which you can see on my face in the photo! One day, maybe 🙂

8. January 16, 2018 / 9:06 am

These are just gorgeous Leona, lovely soft light and how nice to have it done on holidays while you’re all relaxed.

9. January 16, 2018 / 11:08 am

What a brilliant idea, as a family we have so few photos of the five of us as one of us (normally me) is always behind the camera lens. We are off on holiday in May and I so want some nice family photos of us all together, I might see if they have something like this where we are going x
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Cookhouse And Pub Holystone ReviewMy Profile

10. January 16, 2018 / 2:57 pm

Oh I love this idea. Your photos are so gorgeous! We always struggle to get photos of all of us and so amazing that they offer this while you’re on holiday. I am definitely looking this up!
    Chloe Ciliberto recently posted…10 CHORES FOR A 3 YEAR OLDMy Profile

11. January 16, 2018 / 11:24 pm

This is such a fantastic idea! We have done photoshoots close to home, but it’s never occurred to me to hire someone to take our photos on vacation – but of course, what better place to get some really amazing pictures! Definitely going to look into this!

12. January 17, 2018 / 7:08 am

Gorgeous photos, your little one is a cutie! I love the idea of getting family photos done while travelling – so much more interesting than the standard ones you get done at home.

13. January 18, 2018 / 6:06 pm

Looks like you had a lot of fun during the shoot! And I can see the fun resembling in those pictures! The results are very nice!

14. January 18, 2018 / 10:43 pm

love this idea! we always get our favorite photos of the on trips, so it totally makes sense to hire a photographer.

15. January 19, 2018 / 8:09 pm

These are such beautiful pictures, very natural and unposed, like you wanted. I especially love the one of you and your husband holding her in the air! And it’s such a great idea to do this – that way there’s no worrying about getting the perfect images yourself, and you even get to be in them. Perfect!

16. January 20, 2018 / 5:59 am

I have to say, that’s a brilliant idea! Getting a family photo shoot, while on a vacation, is bound to leave you with some amazing memories for years to follow. Wanderloud has done a fabulous job, I love your photos and yes, that’s the best style to go with – natural and candid.

17. January 21, 2018 / 8:53 am

Your family photos are beautiful and certainly captured your playful spirits! It would be very nice to have a photographer on hand to capture our most wonderful moments while traveling. Sounds like Wanderloud has a great idea!
    Tami recently posted…Flying With a Wheelchair-Assisted PassengerMy Profile

18. January 21, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Wow, they are such lovely photos. It’s so nice to be able to get photos with all of you in!

19. January 21, 2018 / 11:01 pm

I’ve seen this type of package becoming increasingly popular. And with the number of trips we’ve done, and the shocking lack of family photos in the bunch, I can totally see why. Having someone on hand to capture those moments is a great luxury!

20. January 23, 2018 / 6:49 pm

What a lovely bunch of pictures of a beautiful family. The scenery was just secondary 🙂

21. February 1, 2018 / 1:16 am

We had photos taken with Wanderloud in Singapore and loved it as as well! So nice to get special family photos and even more fun to get them while on holiday in a different location. Super happy with the company, their service and can’t wait to get them done again on our next big trip.
    Dawn recently posted…Kerala Itinerary and HighlightsMy Profile

• February 1, 2018 / 1:36 am

I will definitely be using again too! Love
      Your photos from the shoot

22. February 1, 2018 / 5:59 am

What a great idea! One of these days I need to get vacation photos taken. They are such beautiful memories! #fearlessfamtrav

23. February 1, 2018 / 8:46 am

This is a brilliant idea – it is hard to get photos of us all together. It is lovely to have some professional pictures of precious memories #fearlessfamtrav

24. February 1, 2018 / 9:33 am

What lovely photos! This is such a great idea to capture a special place you visited! I’ll have to look into this for when my parents are joining us on the next big trip! Thanks for sharing. #fearlessfamtravel

25. February 1, 2018 / 12:21 pm

we have done family photo shoots, but not in about two years. I suck at taking pics so gotta go with the pros! Plus then everyone gets in the shot! #FearlessFamTravel
    Harmony, Momma To Go recently posted…Orlando Crayola ExperienceMy Profile

26. February 1, 2018 / 1:35 pm

this is a truly wonderful idea, and one that we hope to do sometime soon. I love the natural look of the photos and the beautiful smiles on your faces. Just lovely. #fearlessfamtrav

27. February 1, 2018 / 2:58 pm

I love your photos! Your family sounds like mine- family photo shoots never turn out quite how I imagine them because my kids just want to run and play. #fearlessfamilytravel
    Allison recently posted…Announcing: My New Travel Planning BusinessMy Profile

28. February 2, 2018 / 9:43 am

Ah these are such lovely photos! I usually have someone else with me on holiday to take photos or I ask a stranger (but these don’t usually turn out so good!) or take my tripod but that can be a bit of a pain to set up. So this is the perfect idea! #fearlessfamtrav
    Ayla recently posted…Cruising With a BabyMy Profile

29. February 3, 2018 / 9:46 am

What gorgeous photos, so natural and capture the moment. I love them. #fearlessfamtrav

30. February 5, 2018 / 9:57 am

Amazing pictures. I really want to book a photographer to get some family photos when we visit Lapland in December. We’ve done shoots in Spring and Autumn but I think some snowy ones would be great. I’ll be keeping an eye on their website to see if they add any photographers for Finland! #fearlessfamtrav

31. February 6, 2018 / 11:24 am