We at Wandermust family love cruising, everything from convenience of onboard food to simply watching the sea go by. But our favourite thing about cruising has to be the ports. This list is for all you architecture lovers out there – from all of our adventures by cruise these are what we think are the top five ports for seeing different architecture! View Post
One of the first holidays we did with baby E was a cruise around the western Mediterranean. As experienced cruisers we knew what to pack for us and for Baby E so thought we’d put together the essential list for others considering taking a baby on cruises. Whether you are new to cruising or perhaps new to cruising with a baby we hope this list will be of use
On embarkation day you leave your main baggage in the cruise terminal which will be delivered to your stateroom later in the day. If you are lucky it will arrive quickly. If you are unlucky it might not arrive until after you have had dinner. So here is what you should bring in your carry on
- Enough milk / food to last until the next morning ( longer if the next day is a sea day)
- Enough nappies and related paraphernalia to last until the next morning ( longer if the next day is a sea day)
- Pram if you want to use to take to dinner or go for a stroll around deck
- Outfit for dinner and other clothing changes as required
- Swimwear if your cruise allows babies and toddlers in the pool (has a baby pool)
- Pjs for all the family
For more first time cruise tips click here!
It is mandatory for all cruise guests on the first day to do an emergency evacuation drill. To prepare for this you will need:
- Sun-hat, sunscreen or cold weather clothing depending on cruise location i.e Caribbean or Alaskan!
- Baby carrier – A baby carrier is an essential. If you decide not wait for the lift and use the stairs you will definitely need the carrrier for safety on the stairs.
Have you cruised with a baby? What do you recommend bringing on in embarkation day?
Further reading: what to pack for a carnival cruise
This is a monthly feature to let you know where we are travelling to in the following month. We are hoping this page will keep our readers informed, get us recommendations from other travellers about our upcoming locations and let any potential partners know locations of where we are going should anyone want to partner with us while we are there (please contact wandermustfamily at wandermustfamily.com for any potential partnership work).
That being said in November we will be in
- Doha enjoying a Beach Day at the Intercon and staycation at the Grand Hyatt
- Staying in a suite on Royal Carribeans Rhapsody of the Seas going to Valencia, Palma and Barcelona
- Staying at the Hotel Miramar in Barcelona
Please add comments about any of your top tips for these destinations and any potential partners please email us wandermustfamily at wandermustfamily.com about potential collaboration opportunities or check our our Contact Us/Work with us Page!
The Wandermust Family
Whenever I look at booking a cruise I always look at the destinations first and foremost. Being a history geek, history and culture feature highly on my priorities so here are my top five ports for archaeology
A short 40 minute drive from Kusadesi is my favourite archaeological site, Ephesus. Ephesus recently became a world heritage site – about time! and is one of the most complete digs I have ever seen! There are many intact buildings on the site including houses with amazing murals but perhaps the most stunning is the library of Celsus who couldn’t help but be impressed!View Post