Dubai is one of those unique places that is both a stopover and a holiday destination in itself! In this guide we round up the best Dubai Day Tours and Day trips that we think you should take to make the most out of your time in this fascinating city! From desert safaris, animal experiences and modern city attractions, Dubai has it all on offer!
Note: This post contains affiliate links! This means we make a small commission if you make a purchase from one of this links – but at no extra cost to you! We use a variety of affiliate partners to recommend tours, but from trips and day tours in day tours we recommend using Get Your Guide! We love Get Your Guide and they have a great reputation amongst day trip providers and uniquely offer up to 24 hour cancellation on their tours!
The Best Dubai Day Tours and Day Trips
Dubai City Tours & Burj Khalifa
If you are traveling to Dubai, you will want to see this ultra modern city, particularly the skyscrapers and of course the world’s tallest building Burj Khalifa!
Burj Khalifa gets extremely busy so we therefore recommend booking your tickets in advance.The ticketing system to the Burj can be confusing so we have provided you with some notes on the tickets! The two most popular tickets to see the Burj are the below:
- Burj – L124 & 125 Tickets – This ticket is the best seller for visiting Dubai. Please note that the cost of the tickets do vary depending on when you want to visit. Sunset and sunrise are the most expensive times to go! This also doesn’t allow access to level 148
- Burj – L124 & 125 and l148 -This tour is the one I recommend and one which I would highly recommend booking early as it does sell out! By getting a ticket with level 148 access you get access to the outdoor terrace!
Another great view of the Burj is from the lake below:
However, the Burj is not a full day trip so you can combine the Burj Khalifa with the below experiences:
- Dubai Aquarium and Burj Khalifa
This aquarium is breathtaking, over three levels of the mall. These combinations are the best family friendly things to do in Dubai!
- Dubai City Tour and Burj experience
- Desert Safari and Burj Entrance ticket
After the image of the skyscrapers, the next image that pops into mind when you picture the Middle East is the desert! Deserts are notoriously difficult to drive in, and even after having spent five years in the Middle East it is still something I won’t do! For me, the only safe way for a visitor to see the desert in Dubai is to take an organized or private tour. We recommend:
- Morning Red Dune Desert Adventure
This bestselling tour is likely to sell our so be sure to book well in advance!
- Premium Red Dunes & Camel Safari with BBQ
When I book my desert safaris for guests I always include a camel safari so guests can have a go at riding camels and the BBQ at camp! It feels quite special to have your meal out among the dunes!
- Red Dunes and Camel Rides with Overnight Safari
Visiting the desert at night is very special and it is amazing to camp overnight!
- Night Safari and Astronomy
The stars in the desert are breathtaking without all the light pollution of the city! This astronomy tour is a unique addition to desert tours!
- desert experience with a city tour with this tour!
This tour is perfect for those wanting to see both sides of Dubai in one day
- Sunrise Balloon flight with falconry and breakfast
For a more adventurous way to see the dunes!
Looking for advice on what to wear in the Dubai Desert? Or finding the perfect Dubai packing list? Check out this post!
Dubai Theme Parks & Dubai Water Parks
Dubai has some amazing theme parks and water parks. Even though they are called Dubai Parks, the truth is they are very close to the Dubai Abu Dhabi border. Dubai Parks includes Legoland, Legoland Waterpark, Motiongate and Bollywood land! The best tickets to see these are:
- 2 Parks One Day – I have been to the parks on several occasions and you can get round many of the rides with little to no queues so it is more than feasible to visit more than one park in a single day!
- Legoland Water Park One Day Access
- Dubai Aquaventure – this water park is on the palm rather than at Dubai Parks so is the easiest of the water parks and theme parks to get to in Dubai!
Animal Experiences in Dubai
There are some great natural animal experiences in Dubai with animals that are native to the region! The best native animal interactions we recommend are:
The national sport of the Middle East
Dubai by Boat
I love seeing a city by boat! My favorite way to see Dubai by boat is in the local vessel, a dhow
However if you are looking for more luxurious ways to see Dubai then Dubai has plenty of high class boats for you to use to see the city!
Day Tours from Dubai
On of the things that I love about Dubai is its proximity to other cities and countries. The best day tours in my opinion are
Abu Dhabi Day Trips
Abu Dhabi is about 1.5-2 hours drives away from Dubai depending on which part of the city you are in! Abu Dhabi is the cultural heart of the UAE and is a very easy day trip from Dubai. The tours we mist recommend are:
Al Ain is one of the greener cities in the UAE! We recommend taking:
Just over the border from UAE is Oman. Musandam is the closest point! We love being able to tick off more than one country in a trip! If you want to do this we recommend:
Have you done any of these day trips? If not which do you fancy doing most?