If you are planning a trip to Disneyland Paris one of the biggest tips I have for you is to make sure you have your phone prepped with the essential Disneyland Paris Apps. The apps for Disneyland Paris we list in this post will help with your itinerary planning and save you time in the park. In this guide we round up all the best Disneyland Paris Apps that you shouldn’t visit the park without.
Disneyland Paris App Review
Does Disneyland Paris have an app? Yes it absolutely does! This is the official app of Disneyland Paris and probably the most important app you can download. The one thing I found interesting about this app is that it is an informational app only – you can’t book dining, character meet and greets or fast passes (unpaid) on this app. However it is very useful for itinerary planning at Disney as you can plan what rides or characters you are going to do next based on queue times and programmes for the day.
This can be downloaded from the App Store and I would recommend doing before you go in case you have issues with wifi. Also I was watching average queue times in the week leading up to our visit and this really helped me plan my itinerary.
The opening screen is the Welcome Page – shows show times and today’s programme. This will show the park hours but what I found interesting while we were there was that they tended to let people in 30 minutes before advertised time. It also has a feature to phone the reservations line to book a Table or to buy paid for fast passes (not the free fast passes for rides).
After that the app is organised into a few categories that you find my clicking on the mouse head logo.
- Attractions – shows the queue times, if suitable if you are travelling to Disneyland Paris with toddlers and what is under refurbishment.
- Characters – list of characters who will be available during your trip and the hours they are open. Please note if the characters are in Walt Disney Studios and you will require Lineberty.
- Shows – Shows the list of shows available, where they are on at and the time.
- Events – useful if you are planning to be there for a specific theming i..e Halloween or Christmas.
- Dining – Shows a list of restaurants with location, the costs and if character dining is there.
All these are viewable either in list view or in map view. I personally found list view much easier to navigate but the map is useful if you don’t know what is nearby.
Disneyland Paris Photo Pass App
This one is only essential if you are planning to get the Photo Pass Package. The photo pass package will show you all your photo pass photos. It will give you options for sharing the photos that are taken as well as adding them onto your camera roll.
Photos that are taken on the rides are almost instantaneously uploaded however your meet or greet photos take 1-2 hours.
Need helping deciding whether you get the photo pass? Why not check out our Disneyland Paris Budget Guide!
This app is somewhat similar to the official Disneyland Paris App and is quite accurate for queue times. Although it does a similar job t the official app I like this app as it has a traffic light system for queue times which makes it really easy to navigate. It also has a graph which shows the likely queue times so you can plan your day to try and avoid peak queues. I also love that this app has a notification system where it can tell you when a ride goes down or comes back online or will tell you if a wait time goes below a certain time set by you (i.e. tell me when Space Mountain queue is less than 40 minutes).
The alert system is definitely my favourite reason why this app should be on your download list.
Other Ways to Prepare your Phone for Disneyland Paris
- Crush Coaster App – The Crush Coaster ride usually has one of the longest lines in Walt Disney Studios and there isn’t a fast pass available. But you don’t need to be bored while waiting in the queue for this ride as the Crush coaster has a game app designed to be used in the queue. Connect to DLRPCRUSH and the app should work.
- Download a Paris Transport App if you are planning to also go into Paris on your trip
- Tripit – I absolutely love this app for all my travels. It is a great way to keep track of your flight times and delays etc.
- Twitter – I am not a Twitter fan but I love following the account ED92 for Disneyland as this will tell you about spontaneous meet and greets in the park.
FAQs About Disneyland Paris Apps
Do you still need Lineberty for Disneyland Paris
Previously Disneyland Paris used the Lineberty App to book in for all of the virtual queues for character meet and greets in the Walt Disney Studios Park. Therefore it was used for characters such as Olaf and Toy Story Meet and greets in this park.
However this has been done away with since the park reopened after the Covid 19 pandemic. Instead where meet and greets need a booking for instance if you are staying at the New York Art of Marvel Hotel and want to meet a character in the hotel. However lineberty is not used for this. Instead this can be done via the Disneyland Paris app.
Therefore in answer to Do I need Lineberty for Disneyland Paris anymore the answer is no!