Is Tokyo Disney toddler friendly?

Is Tokyo Disney toddler friendly?

Everyone has a different opinion about the best age for children to have their first Disney experience! We were in Tokyo and couldn’t resist the draw of taking our toddler to on her first trip. Who knew when we would get chance to go back again but was Tokyo Disney toddler friendly? The answer for us had to be yes – here’s why?

How easy is it to get to Tokyo Disney with a toddler?

On our first visit to the Disney complex we were staying in central Tokyo and had to use a combination of subway and train to get to Tokyo Disney. We found the public transport to be very family friendly.

On our second visit we were staying in the Disney complex at the Sheraton Grande. This meant the parks were only a short monorail ride away.

Both options we found easy to navigate with the toddler.

Is Tokyo Disney stroller friendly?

Absolutely! The park is flat and very easy to navigate around with a stroller. There are stroller parks next to every ride at Tokyo Disney. Everybody leaves the stroller with our concern. This is something I do easily but we didn’t have a problem while we were there. I was once concerned when my stroller wasn’t where we parked it until I realised there was a staff member reorganising the strollers to keep them neat.

img_1503

The park also has strollers for rent for 700 yen.

Are there toddler friendly rides as Tokyo Disney?

I think is one of the biggest concerns of any parent visiting Disney with a toddler but you needn’t worry with Tokyo Disney. Many of the rides at Tokyo Disney at toddler friendly, in fact there are very few rides with a height restriction.

21762119_10159317249555564_4338233562817626825_n

We prioritised rides that didn’t have long waits to ensure the toddler’s patience didn’t wait. The maximum time we waited was 30 minutes. The rides we tried were the Carousel, the teacups, Peter Pan, and Dumbo. We also tried the Snow White ride but I wouldn’t recommend this one with toddlers as it was quite scary. I’m still not sure how we got out of there without a screaming toddler.

21686502_10159317250250564_8939184004447268644_n

We didn’t use any of the fast passes as we didn’t feel the need to try any of the popular rides but would recommend using them if you wish to see a show

Is the Parade at Tokyo Disney toddler friendly?

21616248_10159317271600564_5663101263879981434_n

I don’t think that I have ever experienced such a toddler friendly parade simply for the organisation and politeness of the Japanese. An hour before the parade starts people start congregating along the route but the unusual thing about Tokyo Disney is people sit down for the parade which means that your toddler’s view of the parade will be unobscured. The parade songs were mostly sung in English but even if they weren’t the spectacle would still be enjoyed.

21231986_10155613971218164_8211879670338036570_n21557493_10159317268895564_2075875431288501450_n

Are there family friendly restaurants at Tokyo Disney?

Some of the foods and restaurants are different to what you would get in western parks. There was a pizzeria but they had some bizarre toppings such as seafood and chicken, beetroot and pumpkin. There was a hotdog restaurant and an Italian that provided sit down meals which we thoroughly enjoyed but if your toddler is on the fussy side I would take snacks with you.

On the snack side, popcorn is a huge hit in Japan. Have a wonder round the different vendors as you will find a variety of flavours from chocolate to curry.

And of course there are plenty of places selling the obligatory ice cream!

21617821_10159317256895564_4768872249831769067_n

Are there toddler friendly character experiences at Tokyo Disney

One of my favourite things about Tokyo Disney were how many character experiences there were that didn’t need to be booked or required long queues. We enjoy watching characters from Pinnochio riding the teacups to all of the characters congregated ub the square. The only queues were for photos with Mickey and Minnie and they weren’t too long.

21618062_10159317255180564_6619156827160081151_n21752173_10159317250740564_850530148108155618_n

Is Tokyo Disney toddler friendly?

Given the amount of rides, frequent parades and ample opportunities for character interactions Tokyo Disney is very toddler friendly.  In fact I would go as far as to say this is the perfect place to have your little one’s first Disney experience.

Part of #farawayfiles

Have you been to Tokyo Disney? What would your recommendations be for visiting with a toddler or young children?

1. October 11, 2017 / 1:26 pm

We’ve only been to the one in Paris, would love to visit Disney in Tokyo too, since Japan has long been on our list of countries to visit 🙂

2. October 11, 2017 / 6:31 pm

I’ve never actually been to Disney but the bigger parks do often sound quite overwhelming, this sounds ideal with little ones. And having no queues for the character experiences/meets is even better.
    Cathy (Mummytravels) recently posted…Audiobooks for travel – BookBeat reviewMy Profile

3. October 12, 2017 / 8:09 am

I have not been to Tokyo Disney but having been to Paris and Florida I think they are very similar in terms of rides and character meets. Looks like you had an amazing time
    Kara recently posted…BISSELL StainPro 12 Carpet Cleaner ReviewMy Profile

4. October 12, 2017 / 10:48 am

Oh wow, it looks great here. I have never been to Disney before but would love to take my Daughter one day. Lovely pictures.

5. October 12, 2017 / 2:10 pm

I imagine a lot of people would wonder whether they could take toddlers to a Disney park so it’s useful to know that the one in Tokyo is so toddler friendly. The parade looks especially good for little ones. Thanks for sharing on #FarawayFiles
    Clare (Suitcases and Sandcastles) recently posted…Faraway Files #50My Profile

6. October 13, 2017 / 11:15 am

how civilised that you can sit for the parade I absolutely love that idea and so much nicer for toddlers too!

7. October 13, 2017 / 9:00 pm

So jealous you went. It looks fab. I love the fact that everyone sits down during the parades x

8. October 13, 2017 / 9:08 pm

never mind being toddler friendly …looks like the adults had just as much fun:)

9. October 14, 2017 / 3:42 pm

Looks like you had a lot of fun at Tokyo Disney. Thanks for taking one for the team to discover all of the tips! #FarawayFiles
    Katy recently posted…Faraway Files #50My Profile

10. October 14, 2017 / 8:37 pm

We so want to visit Japan and Tokyo and it’s great to know we can do it with a toddler!

• October 15, 2017 / 3:45 pm

I must admit that I didn’t try it. I use to work in a cinema as a student and don’t really eat popcorn after that 😂

11. October 17, 2017 / 8:29 am

What fantastic family fun! And from the photos, it looks as though Mummy was having the time of her life 😉 We’re yet to take the boys to a Disney Park. I’ve always thought they were a bit big and overwhelming. But the Toyko one sounds a winner! #familytraveltips
    TraveLynn Family – Jenny recently posted…Visiting the Taj Mahal with young kidsMy Profile

12. October 17, 2017 / 11:55 am

I haven’t been to Tokyo Disney but I have taken two young children to Disney World three times and Disneyland in California once. I am definitely in the “take your kids while they’re young” camp. Regardless of age, they have both found something that they loved each time they go. #citytripping
    Allison recently posted…10 Foods Not to Miss at DisneylandMy Profile

13. October 17, 2017 / 8:24 pm

I love this post! Even though I don’t travel with kids, I think it’s a pretty great compliment of information here, especially because Disney parks are “generally” designed for kids. I am hoping to visit Tokyo soon, and hope that this would be one of my stops!

14. October 18, 2017 / 5:31 pm

Sounds like a great experience for all ages, toddlers too! Only been to Paris Disney park but there are so many to choose between. Tokyo is now on my radar!
    #citytripping
    tots2travel recently posted…Hotel Review – The Chester, AberdeenMy Profile

15. October 19, 2017 / 4:59 pm

How lovely that everyone sits down for the parade. I think that is so polite and kind and obviously great for a toddler. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable trip. It’s good to that the wait for Minnie and Mickey wasn’t too long either. #familytraveltips