So you have decided to take a babymoon?! Now that you have picked the best babymoon destination for you you might be turning your attention into what to wear and what to pack for your babymoon. To help you take the stress out of planning your babymoon we have created the ultimate babymoon packing list so all you need to do is think about relaxing before your little ones arrival.
ULTIMATE Babymoon Packing List
This babymoon packing list tells you the things that you should pack for a babymoon no matter the destination. However if you want some of the specific location packing lists check out the below guides:
- Disney World babymoon
- San Diego babymoon
- Winter babymoon
- Palm Springs BAbymoon
- Dubai Babymoon
- Las Vegas Babymoon
- USA Babymoon
- UK babymoon
- traveling to Italy pregnant
What to Wear on a Babymoon
For me the key to what to wear on a babymoon was packing for comfort. Traveling while pregnant differs depending on where you are traveling and at what stage in your pregnancy but all the way through pregnancy I would advise packing for comfort. But that doesn’t mean that style has to go our of the window. So here is our babymoon packing list for best maternity clothes.
Pack Comfy Shoes
- Lightweight and responsive 5Gen midsole cushioning
- Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat breathable insole with high-rebound cushioning
- Breathable athletic engineered mesh upper
- Flexible traction outsole
- Machine washable, air dry
As much as pre-pregnant you might have liked scrappy sandals and stilettos pregnant you is likely to favour comfy shoes especially if you are planning on doing lots of walking or sightseeing. My preference for babymoon shoes were Sketchers Go Walks.
If you are going somewhere warm or to a beach destination then you may need to also pack sandals. My preference for sandals during pregnancy were these yoga mat bottom sandals. They had a good sole but the yoga mat bottom moulded to your foot and were comfortable even if your feet got larger during pregnancy.
- 🆕【COMFORTABLE DESIGN】 -- Aoliks graduated compression socks for women and men circulation provide 15-20 mmHg of gradient compression, which are ergonomically designed. Prevention and relief of minor varicose veins, relief of tired aching legs, relief of minor swelling of feet and legs. The inner design of the socks is very soft and friendly to the toes. The material is breathable and comfortable, which can keep your feet dry.
- 🆕【ENERGIZE YOUR LEGS】-- Compression socks have been shown to help decrease swelling and pain in the legs and ankles. Graduated compressions' whole purpose is to increase circulation, thus improving sports levels in the body. Another benefit of improving circulation is decreasing swelling and fluid retention. Increased circulation decreases swelling and increases blood flow, this reduces the feeling of heavy and achy legs.
- 🆕【IMPROVED ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE】-- Many athletes are no stranger to compression, in the “RICE” recovery method used by many coaches, the C is for compression! Compression socks reduce the stress on your muscles during a workout or exercise and help your legs recover quicker, which is why they’re increasingly popular on a race’s starting line. Compression socks help to prevent injury from happening, allowing for better quality training.
- 🆕【CHOICE ON MORE OCCASIONS】 -- Compression stockings are very suitable for people who stand and sit for a long time. When you are running, hiking, cycling, long-distance traveling, climbing, pregnant, or on other occasions, compression stockings can promote blood circulation and reduce pain. Aoliks compression stocking combination is suitable for both men and women. They’re actually beneficial for every age group, and wearing them earlier will only help you more!
- 🆕【SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE】 -- It is our aim to provide customers with good service. If you have any questions during the purchase process, please contact us in time. We are willing to solve the problem. We hope that every customer can buy it with confidence and use it comfortably.
If you decide on travelling long haul or if you are flying while pregnant to take your babymoon be sure to have compression socks with you to aid circulation.
- 【DETACHABLE BUTTONS】This pregnancy bathing suit features a one-piece, detachable buttons on the neck, and removable padding bras. It also can be used as a breastfeeding swimsuit, nursing friendly. Ruched sides for a perfect fit during pregnancy and flatter your growing baby belly.
- 【CROSS-BACK DESIGN】Adjustable shoulder straps offer good support with the cross-back style. Modest coverage with tummy control and a fully lined, unique design for maternity swimwear.
- 【PREGNANCY SWIMSUIT】Classic solid ribbed maternity bathing suit for pregnant women is perfect to wear to the beach, pool, cruise, SPA, and summer vacation. A comfortable maternity one-piece will give you a good mood.
- 【GARMENT CARE】Machine Wash or Hand Wash with Similar Colors. Recommend Cold Water. Do not Bleach. Do not Tumble Dye. Do not Iron.
- 【SIZE RECOMMENDATION】Suggest choosing one large size if you have a large bust or hips. Please refer to our size chart picture for specific measurements to achieve a perfect fit.
If relaxing on the beach or by a pool is going to be part of your babymoon then you will definitely want to take a nice maternity swim outfit with you. I personally preferred wearing a Maternity Takini when I was pregnant as I found it easier on those frequent toilet breaks.
However there are also lots of bikinis and one-piece Maternity Swimwear out there. Just pick whatever type you feel most comfortable in.
Maternity Formal Dress
- Made of soft and breathable fabric,suitable for spring, summer and fall.It is so stretchy for easy movement and provide enough room for your continuously growing baby bump.
- Round neck short sleeve maternity dress with two side ruched and split designed to be elegant and stylish,it shows off your curves during all stages of pregnancy, flattering cut that elongates your silhouette ,helps you stand out even during pregnancy!
- This long maternity dress can be dressed up or down,it's a perfect choice for your daily look,working,dating,party,wedding,baby shower etc.It will be a staple of your wardrobe even after pregnancy!
- Any confusion or idea,welcome to contact us. Return: Keep the items in original package and keep the hang tag as well. Care instruction: Machine Wash Cold/ Do Not Bleach/ Wash with Similar Colours/ Tumble Dry with Low Heat/ Iron on Low Heat / When it’s done in the dryer, as soon as possible grab and hang it to prevent wrinkles
Wherever you are going on your babymoon I would advise packing at least one formal Maternity dress. Whether this is for a lovely date night dinner or to use during a maternity photoshoot – I love the idea of doing your maternity photoshoot in an exotic locale or on your babymoon so pick a dress that you feel comfortable in and complements your bump.
And don’t forget to check out our post on the best babymoon instagram captions and quotes.
What to Pack for a Babymoon (non-clothing)
Now you know some of the essential clothes you need to take on a babymoon we will know to our attention to the non-clothing essentials.
- 3-fluid ounce travel size bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 70 for broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- This lightweight and sheer sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish that leaves skin feeling clean. The face and body sunscreen is formulated with Helioplex for superior sunburn protection for your skin
- The Helioplex sunscreen provides superior broad spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA and skin-burning UVB rays. This sunscreen lotion helps prevent sunburn and when used as directed, may help decrease the risk of skin cancer caused by the sun
- PABA-free and non-comedogenic, this lightweight sunscreen provides powerful face and body sun protection without the heavy finish, making it great for daily sun protection. The convenient travel size sunscreen is perfect for sun protection on the go
- Non-greasy sunscreen from the #1 dermatologist-recommended suncare brand. This sunscreen is also available in both spray and stick form and can be used at the pool or in the ocean for up to 80 minutes of water-resistance
One of the other fun things you don’t realise until you are pregnant is that pregnant women can get sunburnt more so be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen.
If you are going somewhere sunny I would also recommend adding a floppy sun hat to your clothing packing list.
Pack the BioOil / Coconut Oil
- HELPS IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS - Dermatologist recommended and clinically proven for scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone and so much more
- PACKED WITH NATUAL OILS - Vitamin E helps maintain healthy looking skin while natural Chamomile and Lavender Oil calm and soothe
- LOCKS IN ESSENTIAL HYDRATION WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES - Bio-Oil Skincare Oil is a uniquely formulated, non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and helps retain essential moisture
- PLANET & ANIMAL FRIENDLY — Vegan friendly, paraben free, cruelty free, non-comedogenic, and 100% recyclable
- FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - Helps soften skin for all types, tones, textures and safe for use on face and body and won't clog pores
When I was pregnant I was using bio oil like it was going out of fashion to try and prevent pregnancy strethmarks. If you have a routine for your pregnancy belly skincare be sure to pack these.
Remember to Pack Your Medical Notes & Other Important Documents
This is something that you hope you will never need but it is really important to pack your medical notes with when pregnant. Also if you are flying while pregnant your airline may require a letter with your Estimated Due Date and fitness to fly. Be sure to have one that covers you for the flight there AND back if you are going to need one.
If you are travelling somewhere in the Middle East also remember to pack your marriage certificate too
Medicines and PreNatal Vitamins
Be sure to pack any of your medicines (check you are allowed to travel with them) and your prenatal vitamins with you so you can keep to your schedule while you travel. You don’t want to have to rush out and find a doctor or a pharmacy to stock up while you travel.
Note: I always travel with important things like medicines and vitamins in my hand luggage in case of lost luggage.
Staying hydrated is really important when you are pregnant especially if you are travelling to an exotic beach location for your babymoon. Having a reusable water bottle with you is good for you and the environment.
Fan or Water Mist
- Super Long Endurance and Strong Airflow - Adopted the advanced technology, it lasts for 14 hours with 2-speed, 21 hours with 1-speed after about 3 hours full charge. The maximum rotating speed of the fan is 3400 rpm which is enough for personal use to keep you cool.
- Foldable Design and Mini Size - The foldable design makes it easy to carry and store. Besides, with the oval shape(1.3*1.3*4.7 Inches, Weight: 4.4 Oz), this rechargeable fan can hide the fan blade, small and easy to slide into your pocket and purse.
- Power Bank Function and Quiet Operation - 5V/1A USB output port makes the mini hand fan to be a power bank(2000mAh) in an emergency, supplying power for mobile phone, MP3, etc. With no frame design, make the noise low to 50db that causes no bother during work.
- Flashlight and Include Wrist String - Long press the power button to open the flashlight feature when the fan is not spinning. The flashlight is quite bright and can be used in dark areas or if electricity is out. And with a lanyard included, you can hang it on your hands or travel backpack.
- USB Fast Charge & Gifts Choice - You can use a wall charger, laptop, power bank to charge it. And the handheld fan only needs 2-3 hours to get fully charged. This mini handheld fan will also be a gift for your family, friends. This is also an ideal summer gift for men women mom dad kids girls boys mother's day father's day.
When I was pregnant I definitely found that the heat got to me much quicker than before I was pregnant. Two things that I found really useful when travelling to the beach or a warm weather destination while pregnant was a little hand held fan and also a water mist spray which was great for an immediate cooling sensation.
Whenever I head anywhere tropical I always carry this with me.
Anything you are craving
If you are craving something while you are pregnant – for me it was salt and vinegar crisps – make sure you pack plenty to take with you just in case your destination doesn’t have an adequate supply.
What did you find useful on your babymoon packing list?